Rensei Pokemon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Basics--taught by Ms. Everstar

3 posters

Go down

Battle Basics--taught by Ms. Everstar Empty Battle Basics--taught by Ms. Everstar

Post by Celeste Valacari Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:48 pm

"Alright, class," Celeste said, taking a look at her students. "Welcome to your first official day of Level Four Battle Basics. My name is Celeste Everstar, but call me Ms. Everstar, okay?"

The young woman could be confused for a teenager. She was barely into her twenties with a thin, willowy body that would suit a coordinator but was very odd to see with a hardcore trainer. Gently, she stroked her quilava's head, evoking a happy chirp.

"This is my companion, Ember," she continued. "As with most of you, you have a pokemon you received when you started your journey as a trainer. This class won't just teach you how to battle correctly; it will allow you to bond with that pokemon, to choose one to be your companion for life."

She smiled at the group, understanding.

"For most of you, it will be an easy decision. There is one pokemon you use the most, one who may not be the best, but has always been with you. Not only will you learn how to battle here; you will learn what true companionship with these special little creatures means."

She opened her arms in a warm sign of welcome.

"Now, tell me your name, the name of your companion, and the species and levels of all of your party pokemon. I can match you up a little better this way."
Celeste Valacari
Celeste Valacari

Back to top Go down

Battle Basics--taught by Ms. Everstar Empty Re: Battle Basics--taught by Ms. Everstar

Post by Butterfly Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:05 am

Sora stared nervously at the floor of the gymnasium, her feet tucked under her and Nikkie and Lecty curled up on either side of her. She glanced around at the other students, she was the only one with two pokemon. The rest had only one. Sora suddenly felt self conscious, but also special. She wouldn't be able to choose between Lecty and Nikki, they were both too close.

Sora hated the thought of pokemon being kept in the tiny little balls, so she had vowed to never force her pokemon into them. It came time for her to introduce herself. She spoke with a soft, almost inaudible voice.

"My name is Sora, and this is Lecty-" she gestured to the Shinx, "and this is Nikki" this time to the Eevee. "Lecty is a level 10 Shinx, and Nikki is a level 9 Eevee."
Butterfly
Butterfly

http://one-piece-oc-rp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle Basics--taught by Ms. Everstar Empty Re: Battle Basics--taught by Ms. Everstar

Post by Celeste Valacari Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:23 am

Ember chirped excitedly, dancing around both little pokemon and singing happily, flaring her fire but not burning anyone in the process.

"It's very nice to meet you, Sora," Celeste said, smiling at her. "I see you have two companions. I believe it might work out, but only time will tell if you can commit to both. I only mention it because most trainers find it hard to have more than one companion, but who am I to say?"

She shrugged.

"I have pokemon almost three times Ember's level. It's all in ability."
Celeste Valacari
Celeste Valacari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:25 am

Sora nodded slightly, keeping her head tilted towards the gym floor. Nikki and Lecty looked up at Ms. Everstar and her pokemon warily. Lecty's ears were flat against her head, and Nikki simply placed her head on her paws again.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste Valacari Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 am

Celeste's smile faded a little as she saw Sora's reaction. Ember chirped again, looking up at the little girl before nuzzling her leg with her warm fur.

Celeste pulled a pokeball from her waistband and pressed the latch. From inside, a bed-sized pokemon emerged, his cry a pretty song.

"This is another of my pokemon," she continued. "His name is Pigwidgeon, but most people call him Pig. He's very soft and very fun to ride."

The togekiss nudged his trainer affectionately, watching the students with loving eyes.

"See, Pig isn't my companion, but he's still my pokemon, and the bond between trainer and pokemon doesn't vary, whether you keep him or her in a pokeball or not."
Celeste Valacari
Celeste Valacari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 am

Sora was a tad shocked by the Quilava's nuzzle, and after a moment of cautious hesitation, she rested her hand on Ember's head. A small smile formed on her lips, and her red eyes warmed a bit. Though she kept her head tilted down.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaffey Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 am

(Hope it's not late for me to join)
Gaffey hurried through the halls and to the gym Chimchar clinging to his back "I'm late i'm late i'm late!" he yelled as he turned a corner and skidded to a halt at the gym doors. He than opened the doors and stepped inside "Hope i'm not too late..." he mumbled to himself before trying to blend in with the crowd of others students hoping that maybe he wouldn't be noticed.

Gaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste Valacari Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:34 am

Celeste looked around, waiting for someone else to introduce themselves. Realizing that she really did have a shy group, she picked someone at random.

"How about you?" she asked kindly, looking at the boy with his Chimchar. "Chimchars are very loyal pokemon, and they can evolve into one of the more powerful pokemon. One of the Elite Four where I come from has an Infernape."

Ember, meanwhile, was purring like a Persian, careful not to burn the girl as she enjoyed her touch. Pig head butted Celeste, who reached over and did the same, scratching his feathers and stroking the crown on his head.
Celeste Valacari
Celeste Valacari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:44 am

Sora let her hand slide down the Quilava's back, keeping away from the flames. A growl rose in Lecty's throat, but she kept her blue head on her paws. Nikki seemed to be snoring.....
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaffey Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Gaffey looked towards the teacher and smiled "Well my name is Gaffey! Gaffey Patches my full name and this here is-" Chimchar climbed to the top of Gaffey and stood on his shoulder "Chimchar!" Chimchar cried. Gaffey laughed "Guess he wanted to answer that question for himself, sadly he can't say his own level. Chimchar is level 10 me and him are greatest of pals he's like a brother to me.....a brother thats furry and really hyper active!"

Gaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste Valacari Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Celeste chuckled a little, glad for Gaffey's enthusiasm.

"Alright," she started, looking between students and matching them up. "I think that Sora and Gaffey would be good partners for today, and..."

She continued to pair up the students, finishing up and smiling at her work.

"Today, I'm going to give you a little pre-test, to see what you know. Don't worry: you won't get a grade for this. I'll give you pointers and tips, and at the end of the year, You'll take a post-test and see how much you improved, okay?"

She guided each group to their own battle squares at around the gym.

"While I take notes on a group, feel free to play around with your pokemon. Enjoy the day; it's lovely."

She let out her third school-friendly pokemon, a Dragonair named Freya.

"Pig would love to give a few of you a ride, and Freya here enjoys a good game of "dodge the fire". Gaffey, Sora, I'll watch you first. Do a simple one-on-one battle with each other as your test."
Celeste Valacari
Celeste Valacari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Sora nodded, turning to Gaffey. At least she recognized one face.

"Come on Nikki." she said to the Eevee, both pokemon uncurled from the floor. Nikki trotted up and stood next to Sora while Lecty sat by to watch.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaffey Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 am

"Awesome we get to fight Sora again!" he picked up Chimchar and hugged him "your gunna do greet buddy! use that hyper activness of yours to an advantage!" he than placed Chimchar on the floor before him "Ready!" "Chimchar!!"

Gaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste Valacari Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:57 am

Some of the kids shrieked as they sprinted in zigzags to abound Freya's DragonBreath, a move she admired. The snake-like dragon slithered around on the floor, chasing the students around while Pig started to take off.

"Alright you two," Celeste started, pulling out a pen and writing their names at the top of the paper. "Gaffey will start, as he has the advantage in speed with his Chimchar. One-on-one, you become the winner of the battle when your opponent's pokemon faints. Let the battle begin!"
Celeste Valacari
Celeste Valacari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:07 am

Sora stood nervously, holding her arms close to her body. She wasn't really one for showing off, so she would be straight to the point. Of course, she wouldn't be going first anyways. Nikki walked in between Sora's legs, her tail brushing the girls ankles.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaffey Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:03 pm

"Okay Chimchar lets start off with a simple move that won't use energy! Chimchar use Scratch!" "Chimchar!!" Chimchar rushes over to Nikki leaps into the air and lashes out with it's nails.

Gaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste Valacari Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Celeste took note of the five health points Nikki lost.

"Nice move," she said to Gaffey, smiling. "Sora, good ideas would be a defense-raising move or an attack. Up to you."

She nodded in the girl's direction.

(I figure mine are going to be short.)
Celeste Valacari
Celeste Valacari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Sora held back a shocked expression, worried for her Eevee. Even though she wanted desperately to be a trainer, it pained her to see her pokemon injured.

"Nikki use Quick Attack!" Sora shouted, pointing her index finger at the Chimchar.

"Ee, Vee!" cried Nikki before she disappeared and reappeared next to the Chimchar.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down