Rensei Pokemon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon rules

Go down

Pokemon rules Empty Pokemon rules

Post by Sweet Dreams Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:02 am

Upon entering the Academy, students are allowed to have up to three pokémon with them to help them get used to being a trainer. If a student has no pokémon of their own (or their pokémon are ridiculously over-powerful for a child)

they will receive a partner pokémon from the school. This pokémon is to be kept on hand at all times, very similar to the way trainers carry pokémon with them in the real world. Recreational, friendly battles during break times are permitted as long as they stay outside. However, in the event that a student feels the need to bully, attack, or steal from others with the help of their pokémon, the right to have a partner may be revoked.

Teachers, too, are required to carry a minimum of three strong pokémon with them.(lvl35 or under) Normally this is just to help with demonstrations in class, but also as a precaution against any radical behavior. Students who rally together and mutiny for whatever reason must be quelled, after all. However, there is also an upside - bold students may challenge a teacher to a battle. The reward might be nothing but experience itself, learning a lesson the hard way, or maybe they'd even let you gamble your grades on the outcome. In any case, student vs. teacher battles are the most exciting and draw large crowds whenever they are discovered.

Battling here at Rensei is entirely freeform with some small guidelines. First of all, you control both you and your pokémon, but cannot say for certain if an attack hits or misses. It is up to your opponent to determine whether they hit, and vice versa - when your foe attacks you, you get to decide how much damage your pokémon takes, if any. I know the temptation to say all your enemy's attacks missed is there, but please try to refrain from constantly dodging. Instead, think of the battle thread as a short story.  So take a couple blows, make it interesting.

Another popular recreational activity I'd like to discuss is trading. If a student is given a partner that they don't feel suits them, they can trade amongst other students. This is to take place in a thread, IC. I mean, it's not that hard - you both go to the same school, after all. Work out a deal, then meet up in the library or something.

Similarly, breeding pokémon is popular - however, it is not permitted at the school. I mean, think what would happen if it was allowed. Everybody's pokémon would be making little Pokeeggs and we'd have Eevees running around like nobody's business and every student would have way too many pokémon. That said, if a breeder-focused student feels like getting ahead the sneaky way, they can sell or trade eggs under the table to other students. Maybe even bribe teachers with them.
Sweet Dreams
Sweet Dreams
Admin

https://rensei-pokemon-acade.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down